Wednesday 21 January 2009

When I was young, I remember a lake near my house, when I went a lot of times per month with my friends.
One Sunday, I went alone and I met Martha.
She was really nice, tall, black hair and eyes and I’ve never seen in her something of bad.
Martha gave me her telephone number and she asked me if we could look for a coffee.
So, once after my art lesson at the university, I called her and in front of a cup of coffee I asked her if she want to be my picture model.
I needed a good subject for my art home work.
We went to the lake and I started to paint her.
That work was good , but I’ve never brought it to my art teacher.
The time passed and we got married. We lived in the same city where we met.

We had a daughter, Dorotea who was really nice with the same eyes as her mother.
I am so proud of her, she plays the piano and she is intelligent .
She is the first pupil at the elementary school.
I didn’t ask more at God!
Me, my-self, together with my family liked to go to the lake every Sunday and I had a boat where we liked to have lunch.
So once we went along to the river.
That evening, Dorotea and Martha, enjoyed jumping into the water.
I was sleeping and when I got up, I could not see my two women.
I don’t know why but a strange view passed through my mind and I asked the other boats near mine for help.
That might the coast-guard told me that they found my wife, but my daughter was dead.
I can’t believe it now and I’m specking in the present about her.

Martha became crazy and my love couldn’t do anything and she committed suicide.
I still have Martha’s picture in my room but I miss my life and I’m still afraid to look at my-self in the mirror, because I should have been watching Dorotea when she had funny into the water.
Luca Signorelli

No comments: